Here’s the invitation we sent out:
Dear Emmanuel and Grace Family
We’ve been advertising our Celebration Dinner for the last couple of months and now it comes to the inevitable “this-is-your-last-chance” email! Our Dinner to celebrate God’s goodness over the last 5,10,15 & 20 years takes place on Sat 18th Aug and here is your last chance to book your place and come along.
- What is it? An evening together in the company of our church family. It is not going to be an evening of long speeches and presentations. There will be a short devotion at the beginning, and then we’ll tuck in! Our menu is good old fashioned “boerekos” (farmstyle.) Dress is casual, seating isn’t numbered and the mood for the evening is “family and thanksgiving.”
- What time? We start at 18h00 for 18h30 on Sat 18 Aug. We should be done by 20h30.
- Cost? R90 for adults, R60 for kids aged 6-13, Kids under 6 are free.
- We will provide juice and water, but you are welcome to bring your own drinks and glasses.
Families with children please note:
1. We will not be finishing late – we plan to be done by 20h30.
2. We will have a sleeping area in rm 4 with someone to keep an eye on the kids. Bring a mattress and blanket for your child if this is appropriate.
3. We will also have some dvd’s and supervision for older kids in room 5.
There is sponsorship available for folks who cannot afford to book. Please chat to Craig or myself.
I’m really looking forward to celebrate how far God has brought us through the years!
Then the day came and our awesome and spectacular caterers, Meals of Distinction, came in with the food, our helpers came in to set up and the tables, were laid. Then the guests started arriving and with a slide show of 20 years of photos rolling in the background we offered songs of praise and a prayer of thanksgiving. Then, as God’s family together, we sat down to celebrate!
It was an awesome evening and a wonderful celebration!