Dear friends and family
I want to start out by saying that I appreciate you and all your support, I’ve been praying for you and I hope that my newsletters will bless you, knowing you are making a difference.
Today we are leaving on our second outreach! I apologise for the last minute update, but the past week has been packed with practical ministry and training. So for the next 2 weeks (13-25 April) we will be staying in Sunnyside for our inner-city outreach. We are partnering with an organisation call Al Harvest Mission and below is a list of people our ministry will be focused on:
- Drug addicts
- Ladies of the night (prostitutes)
- People on the street
- Shelter boys
- Children and adults we meet in the parks
We will receive more information from Al Harvest on Sunday and Monday about the various ministries stated above.
“Blessed are the poor, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.”–Matt 5:3-5
- For me: I’m going to be way out of my comfort zone during this outreach-please pray that God will challenge and grow me, as well as speak through me and use me in mighty ways.
- For my team: That we will be unified, that God will set up divine appointments and that we would hear God’s voice during preparation for ministry.
- For the outreach: that God will go before us and set up divine appointments with the people we will meet and that He will be glorified in all we do.
- For all 40 trainees: Health and safety. We have busy schedule with some late nights, please pray that God will strengthen us physically, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. This will also be the most emotionally challenging outreach, as we will be talking to people in the most desperate situations and hearing their stories.
- For Al Harvest Mission: Thank God for the incredible work they are already doing in the city. Pray that our work will edify Al Harvest and we will have a good partnership with them.
“For we cannot attempt to fight the battles of the physical realm until the forces in the spiritual realm are conquered”
Your prayers and support are greatly appreciated.