Sermon Recordings MP3 Post:-
It would be much easier to be a Christian if we did not have to involve other people!!!
Some radical statements
- Harsh words and anger kill too
– The power of words:
–“You’ll never amount to anything!”
–“I never loved you!”
- Forgiveness (or failing to forgive) impacts our worship
– Drinking poison and hoping the person we hate will die.
- Settling a matter is better than going to court
– If settlement is possible
- Be strong by being gentle
– Right cheek slap… Disdain
- Love your enemies
– It takes courage not to pour our anger out on people who can’t defend themselves
– It takes courage to forgive
– It takes courage to resolve a matter rather than let the courts make a mess of it.
– It takes courage to resist the bait of provocation
– It takes courage to love your enemies. Victor Frankl: “We were freer than our captives.”
Jesus did all of this for us:
– Came to save and not condemn
– Father forgive them
– Paid the price on our heads
– Was silent in trial and arrest
– Went to the cross.