Context: Emmanuel and Grace – AM GRA
Title: Thy… Kingdom… Come…!
Readings: Mat5:13-16; Mat6:9-10; Mat6:33;
Mat5:13-16″You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by people.
14 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before people, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Mat6:9-10 “This, then, is how you should pray:
” Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
Mat6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Intro to Readings
Intro to Readings
Jesus began His public ministry with the words:
MT 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”The Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5,6,7) is a significant picture what God’s Kingdom is like.
Grander Living Video from Willow Summit – Bryant Ambelang
The Kingdom: The place where God is King.
- Kingdom is within you
- Kingdom is like Yeast
- Not of this world
Jesus inaugurates it and proclaims it.
Salt, Light, Basin & Towel
- But it can also kill
- Dispels Darkness
Basin & Towel
- Don’t wait for applause
- Luke 17:10 So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’ “
- JN 13:12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me Teacher’ and Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.
The Kingdom and the Church
- A smaller circle and a bigger one
- Church is where we
– centre on God
– we get equipped
– we heal up
– we encourage each other
– we get our inspiration
- Church is not the be-all and end-all
- Church is where we get sent out
Church is like HALF-TIME.
Video Warden Burl Caine -