Welcome to Emmanuel Presbyterian Church
We're a warm Bible-based family church in Pretoria East, South Africa. We have an emphasis on clear, practical teaching and we worship in a warm contemporary style that brings together the old and the new.
Our Mission Statement is:
We are committed:
to be a family of God's People
learning to follow Jesus every day
and making a difference in our neighbourhood.
KEY INFORMATIONDue to the impact of the Corona Virus and the introduction of an online service, we have reduced our services and activities.
- We have an 8h30 physical service on Sunday Mornings. We have not restarted our Grace and Evening services yet
- We have services on YouTube which can be found HERE.
- You can find our weekly bulletin HERE.
- You can find click events and sermons to see the full lists or you can scroll down
- You can find details of our children's ministries and activities HERE
Events Future and Past
We have a dream for our Congregation!
The name Emmanuel means God is with us. This is not just a philosophical concept. The One who carried this name actually walked amongst human beings bringing hope and love and healing with hands, feet and a body of flesh and blood. He truly was (and still is!) God with us.
There is a story of a woman who was very ill, but too afraid to approach Jesus directly. She reached out to touch the hem of His robe as He passed by, because she was convinced that this was enough to bring her into contact with His loving healing goodness. She was right. And she found more healing and love than she could have hoped for.
When Jesus ascended into heaven, He promised that He would live in those who followed Him. But how can people get to see Him and come to know Him? It is up to us who know Him to be examples of His love and to help people get to know Him.
We have a dream of a community - a welcoming family that will help people to come into contact with our God who loves us, is with us, and in us. We dream to be the hem of Jesus’ robe to the world.
Our Doctrinal Position
We believe in the Triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus was (and is) fully human and fully God
- that a personal life-changing relationship with God through Christ is the only way to salvation
- that the Holy Spirit equips us for the work God has prepared for us to do.
We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are:
- inspired by God
- reliable in revealing God’s plan and purpose to us
- the key to growth in our relationship with God
We believe that the Church is called to:
- proclaim Christ as Lord and Saviour
- to reach out to the world in a balanced (physical, spiritual, mental, and social) way in God’s love
- to teach the Word of God in a practical and meaningful way
We believe that worship
- must be sincere and truthful
- can take any form, whether “Contemporary” or “Traditional” or other
- must reveal the love and majesty of God
- must be orderly
We believe that:
- bearing the fruit of the Holy Spirit is more important than the gifts of the Spirit and that the gifts must be exercised in an orderly manner.
- the Holy Spirit moves in love and unity
- guidance from the Holy Spirit is confirmed by Scripture, Christian counsel, and practical common sense.
We believe that:
- the Church needs to continue Christ’s ministry of reconciliation in all walks of life
- this imperfect world will come to an end when Jesus comes
- God calls all the members of His Church to participate in His work.
- The divisions of culture, gender, and class have been overcome by Christ
- the Church should be ready for Christ’s return