OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP
- Hope-in-a-Box packs grocery boxes for those in need. It is a project of NG Moreleta. See their poster HERE. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org call 012 9978000. You can visit their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HelpOurPeopleEatSA/.
- All Spar Stores have boxes/trolleys in which you can place mealie meal, long life milk, tinned food, etc. This is then delivered reliably to needy communities
- We’ve been involved with the Salvation Army’s Beth Shan shelter for abused women and children. They are also feeding a community in Marabastad. Financial contributions will make a big difference here. Please contact Brenda for the account details.
- The KOS online portal not only lets you order good food to be delivered to your home, but you can purchase food hampers that are then delivered to those in need. Go to their community page
- The Woodlane Village and Cemetary View Informal Village Forum works in these two areas to bring relief. Visit their page HERE.
- The ForGood Campaign has hundreds of opportunities for volunteering. You can submit recipes, make phone-calls, do online tutoring, or find a cause you’re passionate about and sponsor it. All from your home.
- The CHOC foundation is running a bake-off (a way to involve your kids in lockdown) but you can also make donations.
- Face-Mask making www.10millionmasks.africa
- Don’t forget our President’s Solidarity Fund.